Maryland?!

Quote:
Hello
frow.gif
, and
welcome-byc.gif

Hi all you Marylanders! Welcome!! Yayy it's Spring!! Getting ready for my new chickies coming in May. Anybody have any interesting plans for your chickens? I'm hoping finally to put up a fenced in run so my lawn could have a fighting chance. They can have half the yard to turn to moonscape, and it would be nice if the other half has a spot of green.

I'm just outside of Cambridge, MD! New to the site. Had chickens and pheasants and quail and ducks as a kid, just getting back into it. Buiding a coop and run now, hoping to order some Dominique chicks soon.

Welcome Osprey!!!

Quote:
BUT if you put up a fence, how can they go to the neighbours house to get sliced bread, or does that just happen to me.
barnie.gif

When let out of the run, my girls almost immediately go to the neighbors house for treats. I think they actually knock on the door. They have the neighbor trained well- when they are locked in their run, the neighbor brings the treats to them.They don't get bread though- they get watermelon, veggies, spaghetti, mashed potatoes, dumplings... They are soooo spoiled!

Spring.. Lovely snow we had today- the little chicks were chasing the big snowflakes. It was cute

My whole little tiny yard has a fence. The only time they get out is when the kids forget to close the gate (like last Saturday.) Then they just peck at the real grass on the other side of the fence. One Saturday when this happened they went three houses down the block into the backyard of a neighbor. It was such a sight! I was leading the girls in a neat line with my DH in the rear while all the neighbors looked on in amazement!

Hi Osprey!

Welcome to BYC! I'm on the Eastern Shore too!

Been off the board for a bit...my logon didn't work...
th.gif
...been going through withdrawal!!! So happy to be back!!!
jumpy.gif

Hi to all my fellow Marylanders and anyone on Delmarva!

Hi, everyone! I live in Baltimore City and just found out that I can have 4 hens. I'm still in the fact-finding stage.

My two big questions right now are:
1. Where do you buy your feed and bedding?
2. Do your chickens do well in the winter? How do you protect them from the cold?

Back
Top Bottom