Maryland?!

My chicks are suppose to arrive Tomorrow!!!! I can hardly wait. The brooder is ready and waiting. I hope I have everything done right...still suffering from information overload!

How about this cold weather? Will it ever end? I can't even get the trout to bite in the Gunpowder. Depressing.

Quote:
I thought trout bit on worms and stink bait, not gunpowder, are you shooting at them???

Hahahah!
lol.png
I am a total fly fishing addict and work at our local fly shop sometimes..so this cold weather has me a bit bummed as the trout are not very active. Tomorrow maybe it will be better
smile.png

Hi, everybody! I'm in Harford County near I-95, just a few chickens at the moment - Speckled Sussex, 2 hens and a roo who will be soup this weekend, unless someone wants to re-home a beautiful hen guardian. They live in a portable coop and free range, and I've realized the free ranging needs to stop for a few months if I want any flowers or veggies at all. Thinking about a big fenced chicken area...

welcome-byc.gif
Faere!

I'm on the Eastern Shore - way south of Ocean City.

I've ordered my Norwegian Jaerhons - they're supposed to arrive in April.
woot.gif

Still haven't built a brooder - found some ideas online and went to visit OldChickenMan - he's awesome - and seeing his setups really helped.

I have a line on a hand-me-down wooden shed...I might have an easy coop after all!
fl.gif
(That's if my darling man doesn't take it for something boring like storing stuff...
he.gif
)

Have a terrific day!

Beth

Quote:
Maybe you should fence in the garden and let the chickens keep ranging.
old.gif

This is what I am doing...fencing the whole garden, putting the coop in the middle and letting the chickens graze one side, while I garden the other. Then, next year, switching sides. There is a great post on here that someone else did recommending just that. I will have to look for it, but it makes sense to me!

OH..I just got my first batch of chicks this morning at the post office. I am so excited...they are all great. I will have to see how my garden/coop plans works this summer...

i dont know how far you are.....but im in martinsburg, wv....and if ur gonna eat them....i may take them off ur hands if were not too far...but i would most likely re-home them...

Hey y'all! I wanted to let everyone know we are organizing a ChickenStock in Martinsburg, WV. (eastern panhandle) on Saturday, April 25th from 10-2 There will be chickens a plenty to buy, sell, or trade. Feel free to bring any poulty or rabbits you feel like unloading. There is no charge to set up and I will be advertising for this event so we're hoping for a good turn out.

It will be held at the Tractor Supply Co. in Martinsburg.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=132914

Back
Top Bottom