WV PA MD VA Chickenstock in Martinsburg, WV. Sat. April 25th 10 -2

Msbear

Fancy Banties
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Sharpsburg, MD.
There has been a lot of excitement about hosting a meet up for the quad state area. I have spoken to the manager at the Tractor Supply and he has given us the all clear!!

Martinsburg Tractor Supply is right of I81 right off the Queen Street exit. The address is 1212 N. Queen St. Please mapquest for directions. We will be meeting on Saturday, April 25th. All vendors will be set up by 10am and can stay as long as they wish. Anyone looking to sell chicks, eggs, adult birds, other types of small livestock, crafts, etc. will be welcome to come and set up. I will be advertising for this event so Im predicting a good turn out as chicken raising is becoming something less out of the ordinary and more mainstream.

All animals must be in cages.

I am NPIP and I would suggest anyone who plans on showing or selling hatching eggs or live birds to get certified. It is a free service. You must be NPIP certified to sell birds here and, if you are coming from out of state, you will also need to have your birds tested for Avian Influenza no more than 10 days prior to the event.

Jesse will be testing in-state birds on-site from 8:00-9:00

Here are a couple links to direct you to the right agency if you're interested.

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/animal_dis_spec/poultry/downloads/osa-npip.pdf

http://www.poultryhelp.com/npipcontacts.html

*Please be aware that bringing in new birds from any breeder, even NPIP certified breeders, can be hazardous to your flock. It is our responsibility as sellers to bring healthy birds to sell and never bringing birds from a flock that is or has ever been sick.. They could still be carriers and pass their disease on to new flocks.
*Always quarantine any new birds in a separate pen as far as possible from your exsisting flock. A crate in the laundry room works good. Wash hands and change shirts in between handling of new and exsisting birds and thoroughly clean and sanitize any feeders or waters being used by the quarantined birds. Appropriate quarantine times vary. I would think 2 weeks is sufficient. A good way to test a new bird for carrying an illness is to sacrifice a roo. It sounds mean but it is an excellent way to help protect your entire flock. After a week, toss in your little roo and keep an eye on him. Once he passes the health test, you can be confident in your newly purchased birds and begin integrating them into your flock.

Alright!! Let's have fun and I cannot wait to meet some fellow bycers... I will be there with my "chillin with my peeps" t-shirt on
big_smile.png
and some beautiful columbian cochins as well as some black rosecombs... maybe even some mille fleur cochins.

Last edited:
Im really hoping everyone can come... If it's a hit, we'll probably do it again so they'll be another chance.

If anyone would be interested in selling chicks... They're big Spring sellers, be sure to begin incubation around the 1st or 2nd of April to ensure optimal fluffiness of the fluffy butts for sale.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom