Maryland?!

Quote:
Tractor Supply, Agway,any petstore that sell purina

Quote:
Depends on the breed, if they have a way to get out of the wind/cold they will do well, some of the larger combed birds may get frostbitten combs if left out too long

Welcome back, BethESH..
And Welcome Lambtron!!!
I get my suplies at Tractor Supply, or Southern States. There are also a few small farmer type hardware stores that have an awesome selection of everything you'd need. But thats over here on delmarva.

Hey Maryland Peeps!

Anyone know of someone that I can get to process a few chickens for me? I live in Mount Airy (Frederick Co.) MD.

I really do not want to do it myself...

Thanks!

maryland here to. i had an account on her before but for some reason it wont let me log in so i made a new account. (was internationalfarmer now countryboy93)

Quote:
Hi Lambtron;

In the city, you won't have to worry about cold so much. We insulated our coop with rigid foam (paneled the inside so they wouldn't pick it) and turned on a 60 W bulb when it got below 15 F at night. All is well - no frostbite!

One thing I would worry about, depending on where you are, is rats. They will be attracted to the feed, and may disturb the chickens. I remember some really big ones in Charles Village.

Cecil-tucky Marylander here. Glad to see so many from Maryland/Delaware. New chicks arrive this week. Anyone interested in any roos if we receive any? "Free to good pot"

Hello from Baltimore County! I'm expecting my first chicks to arrive next week. Brooder and coop are both ready. Now all we can do is wait.

Lambtron asked about local sources...

If you do an online search of 'maryland feed stores' and the word 'poultry' you'll find a page from the healthybirds.umd.edu site that lists lots of stores. It lists them by area, so you can call the stores closest to you.

I go to the Mill at Hereford for food and bedding.

Tractor Supply in White Plains starts their chick days this coming Friday April 3. I couldn't wait and bought mine at Bowman's Feed up in Westminster a couple weeks ago. They are doing great!!
I don't dare go by and see what they have in case I can't resist and they have a six chick minimum. I asked yesterday and they said they didn't know whether they would have a minimum or not.

Quote:
Sorry...I don't know of anyone in that direction, but we have a great farm up here in Port Deposit that does everything--chickens, turkeys, etc.

Back
Top Bottom