marysville richwood Ohio area: beautiful pekin Drake who needs a flock

beeryfun

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Richwood
My beautiful 1 year old pekin duck drake lost his only friend today and I am emotionally not able to bear another heartbreak of seeing him lonely. I am not ready to get more ducks but I love him.... i neeed to get him in with a flock of backyard ducks. We have a pond so he is used to water. Free to a good home who is not planning to eat him. Seriously. He is a beloved pet. I am so sad that I lost my girl today... he is going to be even more distraught.

Message me if you are interested. I am in union county Ohio. Thanks

katti perry

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
i am located in delaware ohio and i have a lonely pekin girl. i might be able to give your boy a home. please let me know

beeryfun

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Richwood
Oh wow....that's great!. I also would consider keeping him if I could find a few more ducks because I really love him. It is definitely a catch 22. I have not been able to find anyone looking 2 part with adult females. Duckings would take too long. If you arethe right home for him I am willing to deliver :) I have abig bad of feed too. My number is614-572-4991 and my name is Amy. Email is [email protected] .... do you put your female in at night?

katti perry

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
shes got a little duck coop that she lays her eggs in and goes into at night . the only thing is that she has a huge kiddie pool not a pond. she also has a 5 foot or so tall pen to protect her from predators and i let her free range with the chickens sometimes when im at home.

beeryfun

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Richwood
Thanks! Homer (terrible name for a duck LOL) grazes free all day because I work from home...when they eat in the spring and summer they go thru so much less feed -- it's crazy :) Kiddie pool is good as long as there is something. We have a huge pond that he is pretty in love with ;-) When it snowed or the weather was really really cold I'd leave them in the barn. They had access to the outdoors at all times because there's a small door from their home that leads to a fenced in pen...so they weren't stuck in all day when I didn't want to let them out to graze. I am not trying to be weird or picky -- Just want what is best for him :)
I left a heat lamp on all winter -- I don't have a heated water bowl so I had the water near the light so it didn't freeze. I know they are just ducks but I spoiled the crap out of them. SERIOUSLY! Pics of his home and him :)

mbobb2012

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 14, 2012
im interested my female lost her mate to a dog, ive since created a 10x20 foot fenced in peremiter with a small pond for her and a solid wood duck hose for at night , she is just so lonely, i feel bad for her. Her name is abagial and her mate was named henry, she is also a peking.

katti perry

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
I will let u know a time that we could come pick him up. This would be wonderfulfor my pretty pekin lady.

wantbantams

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
If you go to Happy Trails (it is in Minerva, Ohio) they always have ducks up for adoption. We just adopted 2 and they are SO sweet!

Top Bottom