Drake lost his mate

Pecck

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2023
We have a very sweet but at times sassy drake and this evening he lost his mate of two years. My 13 yr old is distraught as bug (the female who passed) was her emotional support duck. We know from research ducks must have companionship and we are absolutely open to getting him a new friend ASAP. First question, can two drakes be best buds or do they need a female? I have been scouring the internet for anywhere local that would have adult ducks for adoption/sale, but I have come up empty. We are located in The Woodlands TX. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you all may have.
the thought of transplanting a local duck to my house did cross my mind, is that wrong, am I that crazy and desperate?
thank you

i’m so sorry for your situation. you can post about looking for adult duck and search the posts in the forum section called “buy sell trade” under the Forums tab.
there is also a state thread for your state , look in the social section in this website for “ where am i where are you” forum.
sometimes local shelters have adult ducks you can also look on places like Facebook marketplace, craigslist and also any BackyardChickens groups in your county on Facebook too and also sometimes local feed stores have bulletin boards .
Definitely two drakes can get along as long as there’s no female to fight over like @BobStuart said. i hope you find one soon ❤️

Back
Top Bottom