MASSACHUSETTS -- haha hope i spelled that right .. Question though?

Mine came from mypetchicken...but you can also order small quantities from other sites, I think Ideal is one of them! Also many of the farm stores will soon be carrying chicks around here. Agway, and Tractor Supply will have them in my neck of the woods! The flat panel heater and the thermo cube are 2 separate items, I bought them both of the internet...amazon.com. My husband ran an electrical line to the coop rather than a extension cord.

Quote:
can you have a rooster? if so, do you plan on getting one? Also, how many do you plan on getting?
I am sorry to say that the fun part of getting the birds has to wait for a coop to live in. There are many options locally but you should start by looking at pics people post and trying to decide the breeds you like best. I know i would not let my chicks go if there was nothing prepared for them. I like that you are thinking ahead and planning for proper care.

Oh Of course i can have a rooster hahah I sure do plan on having one!!! Um i Guess i want to start small so Maybe one or Two Roosters with like 3-4 pullets. Im already ahead of you;).. All day i've been on here just looking at designs for coops and ideas and things to do for them. They're so pretty interesting ways to make nests and stuff. And yes i have been looking at breeds but not as much i guess im looking more at the coops because i know if i don't have a coop i'm not going to get any chickens hahah.

Quote:
There are alot of people on here from our area if you decide to get local chicks. I have mostly bantams but i do get some fertile eggs from my big girls.....their rooster is a bantam EE. Seeing all the pictures on here must be driving you crazy. You better get building
smile.png

You hit that right on the dot. lol I really am getting so anxious!! I looked up the bantam and i like the Pekin bantams... haha im so excited, I am i think i want to get it locally maybe that would be easier. I don't know ill keep asking around too. Like you know what people suggest.

ohh hahah
smile.png
thanks. Theres so many different kinds i honestly don't know where to begin

Back
Top Bottom