Massacre in duck yard

Ravens must be the size of Buzzards then we have huge buzzards here thankfully they just clean up dead animals. Our biggest threats are hawks we have them year round.
Ravens are larger than a Good sized Brahma Rooster........I also have Magpies and Crows that chase the Ravens away....The Crows have migrated but the Magpies are still here all year......I do not know Buzzards.....They are further South.....

Cheers!

Ravens are larger than a Good sized Brahma Rooster........I also have Magpies and Crows that chase the Ravens away....The Crows have migrated but the Magpies are still here all year......I do not know Buzzards.....They are further South.....

Cheers!
I have heard of Magpies killing goslings. Thankfully we don't have them either. Crows are here year round too. They alert everyone to any hawks in the area. I had no idea Ravens were that large, I have a Brahma Hen and she is a pretty big girl.

Buzzards are the road kill experts. They clean up.

Quote: We dont have many Magpies nesting here in the Spring....They are here but nest a bit further from my place.....The Crows also nest in the opposite direction........They come and eat in my Pasture.......Magpies and Crows will kill young Birds.....Peck puppies.....

Some days it is enough to drive a person bonkers listening to the fighting with Crows and Magpies..........We just walk out with the pellet gun and they all fly away.......They do Chase off the Hawks so are good in that way.......

Cheers!

I've seen a raven or two, not at my house, but around my area. We have tons of Turkey buzzards though. I live near a busy road so...
I thought ravens were just big crows, I never thought they would be killers.

I've seen a raven or two, not at my house, but around my area. We have tons of Turkey buzzards though. I live near a busy road so...
They are scavengers and also killers that take small animals...........Crows and Magpies are the same....Just on a smaller scale.....

Cheers!

I knew that they scavengers but didn't know that they would kill too. Had I known that I would have taken action to get them moving on sooner.

But, on a brighter note mama and one of her "babies" were sitting in the pond. But,two are still having problems walking and in the "hospital" (bedroom next to my bed)
1f601.png
Which brings up the reason why they are called foul. Man do they stink!!

Back
Top Bottom