Massive Hemorrhage or Attack?

MurrayAP

Chirping
May 2, 2020
I just found one of my muscovies dead. He bleed out profusely from his mouth and had been coughing up blood. There's only blood in his immediate area and he doesn't appear to have any other injuries. I do have 2 other drakes, but none of them have ever shown any signs of aggression. I did notice some blood on one of my drakes, but he may have gotten coughed on.

The only other strange thing would be about a week ago, I found one of my hens bleeding from her chest near her leg. I isolated her and didn't even need to dress it and she's fine now. I'm still not sure what the cause was.

Any ideas what could have killed my drake?

I just found one of my muscovies dead. He bleed out profusely from his mouth and had been coughing up blood. There's only blood in his immediate area and he doesn't appear to have any other injuries. I do have 2 other drakes, but none of them have ever shown any signs of aggression. I did notice some blood on one of my drakes, but he may have gotten coughed on.

The only other strange thing would be about a week ago, I found one of my hens bleeding from her chest near her leg. I isolated her and didn't even need to dress it and she's fine now. I'm still not sure what the cause was.

Any ideas what could have killed my drake?
Did you open up his body cavity? Are there any toxic plants in their pen? Any chemicals or rusty waterers? Do you use any poisons for rodents or do you have a rodent problem?

No, I haven't opened him up. I just found him. No toxic plants, chemicals, or rusty waterers - they're plastic. We occasionally do get rats, but I haven't had any recently that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom