Same kiddo, different roosters 😅

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2688.jpeg
    IMG_2688.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 15
I will keep this thread updated!! He might be fully grown, I don’t know yet. I will be hatching eggs fertilized from him and Lazzy though
I don't know about full grown, his spurs look pretty short. He couldn't be much more than a year... he may surprise you. Even if he's topped out on height, my money's on he'll fluff out after his first molt.

Just measured my new rooster… he’s 1ft 11inches tall 🫣 I’m hoping he’s gentle 😬 my girls are average sized.

This is Hugh Jackman, my new Salmon Faverolles roo over Cuckoo Maran hen… he’s sweet and an amazing guard but it’s all up to if he’s gentle and if he gets along with my bantam rooster(so far, no- but at least I got the size comparison photos I was trying to get 🥲 he’s back in the brooder/integration pen now. Also don’t worry, their water is clean. It’s just the reflection and supplements adding a yellow tint to it)

EDIT; he weighed in at 9lbs
Handsome boy!

I don't know about full grown, his spurs look pretty short. He couldn't be much more than a year... he may surprise you. Even if he's topped out on height, my money's on he'll fluff out after his first molt.
I think the owner might’ve trimmed his spurs, even my old rooster (recently passed) had big old spurs at 10 months old!

I would LOVE to see him fluff out 🥰

They have figured out the order!!

Hugh watches the girls around the yard during the day and sleeps in the barn with the girls who prefer the barn at night. Little Lazzy watches the girls in/around the barn and sleeps in the coop at night. The girls LOVE Hugh and HATE Lazzy but Little Laz is my lap rooster so he’s a keeper 😅 I managed to get Hugh to sleep in my lap last night but he’s harder to hold for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_6195.jpeg
    IMG_6195.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2779.jpeg
    IMG_2779.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2781.jpeg
    IMG_2781.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2782.jpeg
    IMG_2782.jpeg