Master list of shows? NE region, specifically...

Quote:
This show is great fun. Lots of birds to buy, and great place to sell too. We will be there!

Annie

So will I. Got my entry from and "show book" in the mail today. Can't wait.
wee.gif

Well I guess I should make plans to hit that show then, eh?
smile.png
Sounds fun!

Quote:
Thanks for the info... Does anyone know if the Common Ground Country Fair will be judged, or is it just for exhibition (or is that essentially the same thing as far as fairs are concerned?)? I found an exhibitors application on the website, but the nature of the exhibition is unclear.

Quote:
Thanks - I am going to that! This thread is specifically asking about shows where I can enter birds to be judged, tho.

common ground is both, one section is for the showing. one section is just for exhibiting your birds (they actually pay YOU to bring in your birds for exhibition only) and they have a sale area as well. they plan to move away from the showing to just getting the public to know more info regarding the different breeds, so it's more educational for people attending.
(this is a nice event to attend if you like home grown, natural back to the earth stuff. all the food has to be organic and up to last yr, all had to have 50% maine grown ingredients (ie: no coffee as it's not grown in maine)
lots in interesting demos on wood processors, wood heat, solar, wind power and very animal/ veggie based. all kinds of home made, home grown items offered for sale.

Last edited:
Northern NY Poultry Fanciers Assoc. Show at the Waddington Arena on State Highway 37. September 18th. It's a show/swap outside. The show is in the arena.

Quote:
Thanks for the info... Does anyone know if the Common Ground Country Fair will be judged, or is it just for exhibition (or is that essentially the same thing as far as fairs are concerned?)? I found an exhibitors application on the website, but the nature of the exhibition is unclear.

Quote:
Thanks - I am going to that! This thread is specifically asking about shows where I can enter birds to be judged, tho.

common ground is both, one section is for the showing. one section is just for exhibiting your birds (they actually pay YOU to bring in your birds for exhibition only) and they have a sale area as well. they plan to move away from the showing to just getting the public to know more info regarding the different breeds, so it's more educational for people attending.
(this is a nice event to attend if you like home grown, natural back to the earth stuff. all the food has to be organic and up to last yr, all had to have 50% maine grown ingredients (ie: no coffee as it's not grown in maine)
lots in interesting demos on wood processors, wood heat, solar, wind power and very animal/ veggie based. all kinds of home made, home grown items offered for sale.

Sounds right up my alley... I'm a green-living coach.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom