Mated Pigeon Question

Don't rush it, if I do anything I wait till their pin feathers start to bloom. I was always interactive with my birds so they didn't mind going in there and examining the peepers. My hand has wing slap a few times, but that's just their thing.
Yeah, my pair is used to me being in the cage and all. I ended up cleaning the nest last night as there was a lot of poop and I didn't want the squabs getting sick. I placed them in a towel and quickly cleaned the bowl out and placed new hay in, then put them both back the same way they were before. Parents were to busy eating to notice 🤣 And I waited and watched after to make sure they fed them again.

. Also yeah, she's Ash red

That's a very cool pairing, ie ash red hen and blue cockbird. It is the only match up that allows you to sex the squeakers as soon as youcan see the color of their feathers. Due to ash red being the dominant allele over the blue/black, the female offspring will be blue and the males will be red split for blue. So it's nice you won't have to wait long to know their genders.

That's a very cool pairing, ie ash red hen and blue cockbird. It is the only match up that allows you to sex the squeakers as soon as youcan see the color of their feathers. Due to ash red being the dominant allele over the blue/black, the female offspring will be blue and the males will be red split for blue. So it's nice you won't have to wait long to know their genders.
That is /way/ cool! I'm so excited now. That means I have 2 female squabs already! 😍

One of the Muppets decided today was the day she wanted to eat seed with Dad and Mom. She ate a bunch and walked around all over! 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_121115709.jpg
    IMG_20200225_121115709.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom