Maternity Ward! Show me your pictures!

ChxLadyCass

Songster
6 Years
Mar 2, 2017
La Junta, CO
I feel like this could go under 3 different threads! @Zantechick just posted a great picture of their makeshift maternity ward for a broody hen!
I am looking for some inspiration for an outdoor maternity ward! Would like it do near the run outsude for easy flock integration! Please show me yours!

Aww thanks just made with stuff we had lying about we do have another area at the side we could have put her in but didnt want her to be away for the others, shes always been a very social girl and its not as warm there so didnt think it was good for her, but had to do something cos they all try to lay in same place wouldnt mind the coup is big with 3 big shelves (nesting areas) which could easierly house maybe 15
Think ive turned my girls into divas! 😀😁😂

Aww thanks just made with stuff we had lying about we do have another area at the side we could have put her in but didnt want her to be away for the others, shes always been a very social girl and its not as warm there so didnt think it was good for her, but had to do something cos they all try to lay in same place wouldnt mind the coup is big with 3 big shelves (nesting areas) which could easierly house maybe 15
Think ive turned my girls into divas! 😀😁😂
Hahaha nothing wrong with spoiled chickens!! I have done something similar around nest boxes. It is worth it to keep them safe and happy!

we've had to review the situation somehow my very clever but naughty hen thelma got in and kicked her out again argggggh honestly dont know how she did it but plan B (which we'd have had to do anyway when they hatch) moved her to a separate sheltered part and is not completely separate but can still see others post pics later when finished xxx

Last edited:
20200408_140456.jpg

Up graded maternity She was in the nest box in main coup (on the left) now the others cant get in to kick her out lol. She now has plenty of room the hatch and raise her babies😀😁 she looks alot more relaxed now. These eggs better hatch now after all the work and worring 😀😁😂

Back
Top Bottom