Math People

Quote:
If you would have read you would have found out that along the back it has grilled ventilation. I emailed the seller and they said it measures 36" by 24" plus there is a hole in the front and the only time the door will be closed is at night. I would never think of buying a coop without ventilation, I know how to raise chickens
wink.png
I just wanted second opinions on maybe purchasing this.

ETA: Why would you keep your chickens cooped up inside during the day?If it gets in the 90's where you live leave the door open to the coop and they can go out if they get too hot.

I will not keep my chickens cooped up during 90 degree days. I am concerned about ventilation because my hens will be going in the coop on 90 degree days to lay eggs in the nesting box. Everything I have read about hot weather coops has stressed ventilation. The coop (Hen house) we are going to build will have 2-2'x2' windows in the front, a back that opens up completely with locking hardwire screendoors across the back, and grill vents in the top on the sides. Honestly, grilled ventilation in the back does not sound like enough ventilation to me especially if you live in a hot and humid climate. There is no reason to get snarky with me. I am sorry if my opinion offended you but I am just giving you my honest opinion after months of reading on the topic.

Edited to add: Here is a link to a discussion about hot weather coops that was given to me by on of the mods of this forum:

"Here is one thread on hot weather coops, just to get you started thinking about it:"
YourLinkGoesHere https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=163417

Last edited:
Quote:
If you would have read you would have found out that along the back it has grilled ventilation. I emailed the seller and they said it measures 36" by 24" plus there is a hole in the front and the only time the door will be closed is at night. I would never think of buying a coop without ventilation, I know how to raise chickens
wink.png
I just wanted second opinions on maybe purchasing this.

ETA: Why would you keep your chickens cooped up inside during the day?If it gets in the 90's where you live leave the door open to the coop and they can go out if they get too hot.

I will not keep my chickens cooped up during 90 degree days. I am concerned about ventilation because my hens will be going in the coop on 90 degree days to lay eggs in the nesting box. Everything I have read about hot weather coops has stressed ventilation. The coop (Hen house) we are going to build will have 2-2'x2' windows in the front, a back that opens up completely with locking hardwire screendoors across the back, and grill vents in the top on the sides. Honestly, grilled ventilation in the back does not sound like enough ventilation to me especially if you live in a hot and humid climate. There is no reason to get snarky with me. I am sorry if my opinion offended you but I am just giving you my honest opinion after months of reading on the topic.

Edited to add: Here is a link to a discussion about hot weather coops that was given to me by on of the mods of this forum:

"Here is one thread on hot weather coops, just to get you started thinking about it:"
YourLinkGoesHere https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=163417

I wasn't trying to sound 'snarky' believe me you will know it when I am, just the way you worded your post it sounded like they would be in all day. And the thread was about size, because even before thinking about purchasing this I decided I would add two hardwarecloth windows one above the nest box and one above the removable wall, I would not tolerate my chickens roosting and laying in a coop without good ventilation. And already read that link a while ago.

ETA: Bolded parts

Last edited:
Quote:
The last coop is 10.5 sq ft so enough for 3 and I will be using it for bantams (so enough for at least 5). Either way I have decided to just build my own as I could probably do it for less money and tweak it just like I want it.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom