Matilda is going to lose her feet. :(

Pics
My polish hen is going through this currently :( I haven’t completed read this thread yet, but do you have any advice??

I took my girl to the vet, so she has antibiotics for the gnarly bumblefoot that is now attacking after the frostbite. I’m also doing soaks and the vet prescribed antibiotics to put in her water too.

I know she’ll lose toes, but I’m desperate to help her keep her leg. Currently, the infection is trying to cut off circulation.
(as a silver laced polish, she’s always had blue legs)

Attachments

• 58B2506B-9A22-4A9A-A597-81C17C69DF1C.jpeg
    58B2506B-9A22-4A9A-A597-81C17C69DF1C.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 8
My polish hen is going through this currently :( I haven’t completed read this thread yet, but do you have any advice??

I took my girl to the vet, so she has antibiotics for the gnarly bumblefoot that is now attacking after the frostbite. I’m also doing soaks and the vet prescribed antibiotics to put in her water too.

I know she’ll lose toes, but I’m desperate to help her keep her leg. Currently, the infection is trying to cut off circulation.
(as a silver laced polish, she’s always had blue legs)
You need to make a new emergency thread this please

I have! Someone on my thread suggested I read through this thread to see if there’s any information relevant to my girls situation.
That was me. I thought this thread might have some ideas for @korpse.

Did you find anything helpful? I remember reading about Matilda, and being amazed at how well she did, even after losing her feet.

But please, keep posting on your other thread, and let us know how your girl is doing. Every chicken's situation is different. Sending hope and positive waves...:fl

And hugs. :hugs

Did you find anything helpful? I remember reading about Matilda, and being amazed at how well she did, even after losing her feet.

But please, keep posting on your other thread, and let us know how your girl is doing. Every chicken's situation is different. Sending hope and positive waves...:fl

Thank you so much for sending me here! I’m on page 24, and I’m learning lots about the process! I think on my board I’ll start documenting her progress for future users in this predicament like the owner did on this thread. Although there’s a lot of similarities, the there’s a lot of differences too. And it might be therapeutic to me since it’s constantly on my mind!
Again, thank you
💜

I ll go hunt up your thread, @korpse . Thanks for the referral, @Sally PB .🙂

Just got finished reading through this. Go Matilda, go! And go allsfairinloveandbugs! You’re an amazing chicken momma and a role model for handicapped chicken owners 💕
I just read through the whole thread too. I'm amazed.
@Allsfairinloveandbugs you are amazing! Well done on caring for Matilda so well!!!

Back
Top Bottom