Mating

Ohk. Lets go back a little bit. You said in 10 to 15 days ago your guinea hen ran off and sat down but the male never gives interest or something. It seems like you are confused enough.

Taking this to science.
Both sexes of any animal have hormones known as oestrogen, prolactin and testosterone.
Male (guineafowl or any fowl) reach the peak or equilibrium level of testosterone before females do. This is seeing from the onset of the laying season when males battle off to impress the females. In switch of the tounge sometimes, females reach the peak level of oestrogen,and at this place the prolactin hormone is also at peak. Prolactin stimulate the hen to invest more in reproduction ( the lowering of your hen shows shes ready) which controls the number of eggs per clutch. Oestrogen up the production of eggs at the peak of prolactin hormone. So if your female seems ready but the male isn't. The testosterone level is still low, that results the lack of libido.

I hope you got it this time. Just wait around, your pair will breed when the time is right.

Best wishes ✨✨✨

Ohk. Lets go back a little bit. You said in 10 to 15 days ago your guinea hen ran off and sat down but the male never gives interest or something. It seems like you are confused enough.

Taking this to science.
Both sexes of any animal have hormones known as oestrogen, prolactin and testosterone.
Male (guineafowl or any fowl) reach the peak or equilibrium level of testosterone before females do. This is seeing from the onset of the laying season when males battle off to impress the females. In switch of the tounge sometimes, females reach the peak level of oestrogen,and at this place the prolactin hormone is also at peak. Prolactin stimulate the hen to invest more in reproduction ( the lowering of your hen shows shes ready) which controls the number of eggs per clutch. Oestrogen up the production of eggs at the peak of prolactin hormone. So if your female seems ready but the male isn't. The testosterone level is still low, that results the lack of libido.

I hope you got it this time. Just wait around, your pair will breed when the time is right.

Best wishes ✨✨✨
Thank you so much for your valuable information. Still male guinea isn't interested while female is ready. I hope in coming days they mate and give me fertile eggs.

Join the club. Mine have not started laying yet either. This is looking a lot like last year when my guineas did not start laying until sometime in May.
My guinea pair are 9 month old, i thought they start laying eggs in spring i.e, march or April but yet they didn't.
How old are yours.

My guinea pair are 9 month old, i thought they start laying eggs in spring i.e, march or April but yet they didn't.
How old are yours.
Anywhere from 9 months to 6 or 7 years old. It depends on your location as to how late in the spring that they start laying. Mine have never laid eggs before the middle of April. A friend farther north from me already has her guineas laying. Hers started this month.

Anywhere from 9 months to 6 or 7 years old. It depends on your location as to how late in the spring that they start laying. Mine have never laid eggs before the middle of April. A friend farther north from me already has her guineas laying. Hers started this month.
I am eagerly waiting for eggs because it's my first time in my life that i keep guineas, i was desperate to have them since childhood but never get that. I hope she will start laying in May.

I am eagerly waiting for eggs because it's my first time in my life that i keep guineas, i was desperate to have them since childhood but never get that. I hope she will start laying in May.
I’m in Oklahoma, where we are now getting about 13.5 hr of daylight per day. One guinea hen started laying about 2 months ago. It took the others awhile to join her. I’m now getting about 8 eggs a day from 12 hens.

I’m in Oklahoma, where we are now getting about 13.5 hr of daylight per day. One guinea hen started laying about 2 months ago. It took the others awhile to join her. I’m now getting about 8 eggs a day from 12 hens.
I am from kashmir, India here its about 13.5 hr of day light and its spring season here but yet she didn't started laying.

Back
Top Bottom