Mauve Orpington breeding

Shellbell516

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2021
Hi guys! I recently purchased several mauve Orpington chicks (pictured here with blue isbars) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what color of chicks would be produced if I breed a mauve hen with a mauve roo? I’ve seen the mauve breeding chart posted on here but I haven’t seen what happens in this particular cross. Thanks a million and I hope everyone’s chickens are laying profusely 💗

Attachments

• C31AF0A7-38FC-48E9-B5FC-CDED2862842C.jpeg
    C31AF0A7-38FC-48E9-B5FC-CDED2862842C.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 97
Hi guys! I recently purchased several mauve Orpington chicks (pictured here with blue isbars) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what color of chicks would be produced if I breed a mauve hen with a mauve roo? I’ve seen the mauve breeding chart posted on here but I haven’t seen what happens in this particular cross. Thanks a million and I hope everyone’s chickens are laying profusely 💗
In the chicken color calculator, mauve is called khaki. It is created by crossing chocolate over blue. According to the calculator, khaki x khaki will give you khaki. Though if your chicks were the result of a chocolate roo over a blue hen, then any khaki (mauve) chicks would be female (sex linked cross). 😊

In the chicken color calculator, mauve is called khaki. It is created by crossing chocolate over blue. According to the calculator, khaki x khaki will give you khaki. Though if your chicks were the result of a chocolate roo over a blue hen, then any khaki (mauve) chicks would be female (sex linked cross). 😊
Thank you so much! Now that’s exciting!!

Where did you get the chicks? I can’t find Mauve Orp chicks anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom