MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Yes, thank you @Sally Sunshine and @mlm Mike for hosting this HAL and @MyPetChicken for so many great prizes!! Also thanks to all the individuals who donated prizes as well.
Congrats to all the winners.
highfive.gif

Quote: But he is quicker to type!

Sorry...

Mellon!!! Hi Sweets!!! how you doing?
Another silkie chick hatched.
wee.gif
That brings my total count to 3 serama chicks and 5 silkie chicks. I have 2 more silkie pips and one serama with a internal pip. which would leave 3 dud eggs. But that is still pretty good!
D.gif
awesomeness shah!

I'm doing great Sally! It's 90 degrees here so i am just sucking up air conditioning and not going out till later. That is why i am being so chatty.

Seeing all these cute chicks is NOT helping my *no more* case. My feed store also still has chicks for sale
th.gif

I'm doing great Sally! It's 90 degrees here so i am just sucking up air conditioning and not going out till later. That is why i am being so chatty.

Seeing all these cute chicks is NOT helping my *no more* case. My feed store also still has chicks for sale
th.gif
YES I would be standing in front of it!! I hate heat unless I am under water with a tube! lol
oh no!!! what kinda chicks are there yet?

you need some eggs to hatch too! lol

I have another silkie chick! After the last one hatches I am going to candle and see if the others are alive, if not I get to clean my incubator a whole ENTIRE DAY EARLY
celebrate.gif
! That makes me happy
lau.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

now you can set more eggs.....

Thank you to everyone who helped the new hatchers out!! you guys are amazing!! GREAT TEAMWORK AND SUPPORT!!
X2

Quote:

Not much, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still there. They have meat birds, turkeys, and rouen ducks for 4-h kids. Most feed stores give advisers and 4-hers a 20- 30% discount on supplies and they are a HUGE contributor to that and the market animal project.

Shhh. I'm looking...
lol ok

ANNOUNCING

WOW some fantastic ENTRIES!!

Thank you everyone who participated!

This was another tough Contest to Judge!

THANK YOU AGAIN TO THE PRIZES SPONSOR​

GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL

@MyPetChicken​

1st PLACE WINNER! @SueT

Originally Posted by SueT
GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL
1st Place:

The Egg Collecting Apron
00ae.png
by Fluffy Layers

SG6Yjg7ZZX_vgSqDm28N99AOStgRbwRch5MdyL4bgVb6_m_ubeN2gtd-Ga-G5dojtUmvjSsOgOlZsVK2kvEKLoZmXv2Of3CidAuZOzPfk-e2Qr0zfm35nBnxHwbt6ZWNVa982-7n
b4uEroDmxqHIOd58DcMIk5WDLq82NJ10PVm8kQtI9-5U0a1bmlGdE0nhJ_D0k9_vEms5IS5jtt0YBTTX5W5f0Pyi39Y1o926KBqxa9VDAa3o9n9G8A2W2LhkbuPDk3440R_hxc_3
agIWbJD_pt4x3EUhHFQIBu0sNHYKO8wmu6hb5bQWJYzriumDn_lbJsSv2dTuRh-PMumbnz1TDFPO9JTfhQdm_6b63p87lhms8q_rOMmu5ZarznAei-uYfeXG8dHBii-z5EXFYsDM

2nd Place WINNER! @BantyChooks

Quote:Originally Posted by BantyChooks
2nd Place:

Description: What is Coops for Troops?

The proceeds for TeamPokey Coffee are earmarked for Coops for Troops, which provides therapy chickens, a coop, and a starter pack of supplies to veterans and military families who may be struggling with isolation, depression, anxiety or PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. We thank you for your support of Pokey and your support of our military men and women and their families who have served this great country of ours! Does the coffee make the grade?
Well, we love it! Team Pokey Coffee is well balanced and aromatic with just a hint of chocolate tones. It's a medium roast--not too dark, and not too light, perfect to enjoy any time of the day. And each sip you take will be all the sweeter, knowing you've supported this worthwhile cause.
Cj_gYSlLK-C3AO2SenJsJ8PJAzAHSvD6EOfvpmzNQifdIJUyLBa9sZ6ryW65gg-TAUr86Y_upYP6wlInMxnSHrYvEqDT3ZuEPcgCs_cN_XrOsmCqwBPLwegQL8JzrMopVSiTBHBn

3rd Place WINNER!! @Brigabart

Quote:Originally Posted by Brigabart
3rd Place:

Description: Keep Green Goo in your emergency care kit!

Green Goo for Animals has a versatile and power-packed herbal formula for natural wound care. Its unique combination of herbs is designed to be the ultimate healing tool for abrasions, hot spots, bites and itchy areas.
P8cPRrdbNrQmTlTnyDMv80PB_9Jm0SY0zx0PUFIAdP2fwNbUy1TAx-34ehsivj5pUerNQSczlKSI7tpVbSvGo7VLEcCbNlExSeSxYu3ewTfLLB-6_eAB4tkFGLDqGtJPIyUleEMV

I see chick starter, peas, spaghetti and maybe clover in the brooder? Is the dust bath dirt?  

They loved the spaghetti, were indifferent about the peas. I've switched all their bedding to clover to see how that works. A good portion of our lawn is clover, so I just pulled some and spread it on the floor. They seem to like it. The dust bath is dirt and gravel.

awwwww  I love the brick idea!!!  Congrats!!!  whats in the bath tub?

Thanks! I pulled the bricks out of an old garden border. I can't take all the credit.I was just going to put a few bricks in for them to jump up on, but our daughter insisted that her chicken babies needed sticks to climb on :) The bathtub is a takeout container from Noodles and Company with gravely dirt from the yard.

Back
Top Bottom