May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

I want my egg chicks to look like their mom, <---- her other babies all looked like her, one recently hatched was black like the dad. We will find out on the other 2.
So far the Giant Deathlayers look like their mom not the dad. I’m keeping some now that Squatch is gone. I’ll introduce his bloodline to my flock through these offspring.

We have 13 chicks. Only difference between Bobbles and the others is it has a swollen part on the back of its head from being choked out. We will see how she does these next couple weeks.

When it's safe to hold her can your share a picture? I wonder if it could be from the fluid that builds up in the neck muscle for hatch.

Day 18. I'm freaking out just a tiny bit. I put them in lockdown this morning without raising the humidity due to the smallish air sacs. I just looked at them and two of them have externally pipped! Is it too early for that? Should I raise the humidity now? I'm screaming inside my head right now! What do I need to be aware of if they come this soon? Both pips are in the right place so they are able to breath air but they are just TINY, barely noticeable pips! Aaaah... I'm excited and nervous!

Pip doesn't mean hatch, so relax. the pip, they are getting a breath before a long rest while they draw in the rest of the belly button juices, it could be 24hrs, so the hatch could still happen day 20, day 21 Def NOT ready to come out, yet. Sounds like you are doing good.

Day 18. I'm freaking out just a tiny bit. I put them in lockdown this morning without raising the humidity due to the smallish air sacs. I just looked at them and two of them have externally pipped! Is it too early for that? Should I raise the humidity now? I'm screaming inside my head right now! What do I need to be aware of if they come this soon? Both pips are in the right place so they are able to breath air but they are just TINY, barely noticeable pips! Aaaah... I'm excited and nervous!

Yes, I would increase the humidity for hatch now. It's normal for pips to be small initially.

41 Barnyard beauties. Made me learn more things. New things this hatch, my diy incubator needs more humidity. Too many shrink wraps. Had one chick with it over its eye, I did NOT remove that. (It is gone now) :sick. One "hatched" over night by opening the egg 1/2 inch. Then dried there, the exterior down was dry, I helped it out just had a little attachment to the wing.

Cuties all
IMG_20200530_085937.jpg

Just a little scared of me for the photo. 12 are already gone to there forever homes.

Back
Top Bottom