May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Had another Jumbo Coturnix hatch, it's siblings are twice its size if not more already and full of energy so its in with the little quail while it builds up strength and can keep up with the big ones. The last two coturnix eggs are quitters and there is one king/button egg remaining that I cant see if quit or will hatch. Its also hatch day for two chickens
20210521_092111.jpg

I now have 2 healthy ducklings & 1 questionable.

The 1 in question was the 1st egg that pipped at the wrong end. It seems premature. Eyes are closed for the most part & it can’t keep its legs under itself. Pretty much just goes back into fetal position. The yolk absorbed but the umbilical area is still slightly open. I guess that one will be touch & go.

I have 1 more egg that is pipped on the wrong end. Still hasn’t progressed any but is alive.

7 other eggs to pip & hatch. Today is officially hatch day.

I now have 2 healthy ducklings & 1 questionable.

The 1 in question was the 1st egg that pipped at the wrong end. It seems premature. Eyes are closed for the most part & it can’t keep its legs under itself. Pretty much just goes back into fetal position. The yolk absorbed but the umbilical area is still slightly open. I guess that one will be touch & go.

I have 1 more egg that is pipped on the wrong end. Still hasn’t progressed any but is alive.

7 other eggs to pip & hatch. Today is officially hatch day.
It took two of my problem hatch ducklings three days to walk. Talk about stressful!

It took two of my problem hatch ducklings three days to walk. Talk about stressful!
Ugh nerve wracking!

I put the duckling upright into a small container still in the incubator so it doesn’t get trampled by the other hatchlings & keeps the umbilical area clean.

I was super quick about it & had to add a bit more water into the incubator anyways.

I… are you a woman? Anyway, mine were wrapped in a washcloth, and placed in my shirt. They were only taken out to eat, drink and sleep in the brooder once the others were asleep at night. Once mobile, they became broody! :gig My two baby Pekins (male and female) brooded their poult and chick hatch mates. They covered them the best they could, and the chicks climbed on them. The ducklings didn’t swim until the chicks were weaned.

I… are you a woman? Anyway, mine were wrapped in a washcloth, and placed in my shirt. They were only taken out to eat, drink and sleep in the brooder once the others were asleep at night. Once mobile, they became broody! :gig My two baby Pekins (male and female) brooded their poult and chick hatch mates. They covered them the best they could, and the chicks climbed on them. The ducklings didn’t swim until the chicks were weaned.
I am a women yes lol.

The dish is a moot point as it got out & can now seem to stay laying properly now.

Also another hatched 😊

Back
Top Bottom