May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Candled again today & my Swedish Flower eggs donā€™t look so good. Something seems off with the veining. 2/3 Brahma/leghorn eggs look very active, and 8/12 of my shipped Orpington eggs are developing!

Last month I set 24 of my Swedish Flower eggs and none hatched. I was blaming the incubator but now I am wondering if there is something wrong with the hensā€™ health? The hens all seem fine but I wonder if they are not getting the right nutrition or something.

I bought chicks at TSC. 2 Ameraucana, 2 isa brown, and 2 leghorns.

One has the cutest little muffs šŸ„°

Im more mad about the quail eggs than anything! Now I have to start collecting all over again.

I was shaking from being so mad and upset. But Iā€™m okay now. The new chicks cheered me up a little bit.
I have said it before. I will never have leghorns in the house again, but the broodies can deal with them if they want. Of course, all of the LH Iā€™ve seen the last few years have been white rocks.
My opinion being shared without being asked, I am glad youā€™re feeling better about this morning.

We're having snow ā„ļø tomorrow ugh and it's almost May

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-19_173635.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-19_173635.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_2021-04-19_173625.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-19_173625.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 1
Yeah donā€™t do it! Itā€™s a Monday of course that it happened on. Mondayā€™s and I donā€™t get along!
Dang nab it. or use the colloquium of your choice, but I am being kid friendly here.

Sadly, I think this just goes to prove, house cleaning must be kept on hold until hatching is over or what can be down in that scant 2 hour window between hatches :).

I have 24 shipped Aloha eggs, from Texas, going into the incubator tomorrow. Well 23 as I noticed a crack that is weeping on one of them. At least this time they did not travel 5000 miles to get to me. Of course they only started from just over 700 miles from me. Last shipment was a nightmare and since I refused it, so the shipper could get a refund and insurance according to my postmaster, it only took 7 weeks to get back to her farm.

I have 24 shipped Aloha eggs, from Texas, going into the incubator tomorrow. Well 23 as I noticed a crack that is weeping on one of them. At least this time they did not travel 5000 miles to get to me. Of course they only started from just over 700 miles from me. Last shipment was a nightmare and since I refused it, so the shipper could get a refund and insurance according to my postmaster, it only took 7 weeks to get back to her farm.

Wow, that's a long time! Did they hire the old pony express to return them?

Back
Top Bottom