May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Collected 8 quail eggs. Hopefully there will be 8 tomorrow and so on... I’ll have enough to fill the whole incubator! I’ll set some tomorrow for a Mother’s Day gift for myself then I’ll set all I can collect this week on Saturday.

MY DH gets mad because sometimes the very thing you think you are trying to prevent, will happen, even when you are being careful.
Yeah dumping a whole incubator has never happened to me. I’ve never had accidents with my incubator before. I am just glad that one broody accepted the chicks and that my two quail that were internally pipped weren’t in that incubator.

Last edited:
Good morning it's snowing here in Missouri

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_071035049_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20210420_071035049_BURST001.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 2
I have no idea. those eggs also took 20 days to get to me. they started in Texas, then went to California, then to Phoenix, then to Pennsylvania then back to Texas and then to New Jersey before they went back to Phoenix, then to Tucson, then Yuma and finally here to my post office. I want frequent flyer miles on those as I could get a free round trip to Germany for all that.

Just put 23 Aloha eggs in the incubator, with a hatch day of the 11th.

I have no idea. those eggs also took 20 days to get to me. they started in Texas, then went to California, then to Phoenix, then to Pennsylvania then back to Texas and then to New Jersey before they went back to Phoenix, then to Tucson, then Yuma and finally here to my post office. I want frequent flyer miles on those as I could get a free round trip to Germany for all that.

Just put 23 Aloha eggs in the incubator, with a hatch day of the 11th.

20 day's in route to get to you? That is rediculous! They could have hatched in the time that they took to get them to you, if someone could figure out a way to ship them so that they could do so.

I have not gotten my eggs from NC yet, they were supposed to be sent yesterday... but I have some I am going to put in the incubator when they come, I got from a girlfriend,
cloud.PNG

3 white eggs to the right Cackie campbell duck, 2 small green eggs, are from my avatar, I am hoping I have SS in some of the brown eggs, but it may be the cuckoo maran and the fat green is an OE, the white is a BA, She has a maran rooster on the hens.
fr.PNG

My foxfire eggs are on day 4, I pulled a BCM egg that had a crack and was leaking, I don't think it leaked in the incubator, and one of the GS was a clear. I am keeping an eye on few others as clears, but the rest are doing well.

I have a few of my own eggs I am going to try and incubate also... one of mine is going...that I know of and my double yolk IDK yet, it is just in there one day.

Last edited:
I'm having the worst luck so far. Out of 50 or so eggs only ONE is developing. Clearly the young boys need to mature more. oh well another 10 in before I decide to throw some eggs from a different flock in
My ducks eggs that were apparently shipped Monday had an ETA of Friday but when I check tracking it says it hasn't even been shipped yet..
On a positive note I'll be starting some Quail next week which should go smoothly

Back
Top Bottom