May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Setting coturnix quail eggs to hatch for Mother’s Day. This time it’s on my desk no one touches!
B960D497-C07F-402D-A129-CDCC433E1702.jpeg

My Ancona Eggs made it to me. 1 had a crush mark that I sealed with crayon wax. The air-cells are pretty wobbly in most of them. I marked where they sit with a solid lined circle & where you can see they wobble to with a dotted line. They are now going to rest 24hrs before they go Into the incubator.

I plan to put them in my turner so they are upright. Now here is the thing I’ve read to leave them in the upright position & not turn for the first 5-7 days but then I’ve also read to use a block to tilt the turner slightly. My things is wouldn’t that be like turning the auto turner on? It slowly tilts the eggs in increments...??

Now does anyone have experience with detached air cells & having some hatch out fine? Chicken or duck doesn’t matter. Tips or tricks?

I plan to candle them day 10 but I’m not even going to take them out of the up right positions. I’m going to remain hands off as far as lifting the eggs out of turner. Because of the cells I’ll probably hatch them out upright. Does this all sound ok?

Back
Top Bottom