May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
BABIES!!! Three are hatched and the fourth is taking it's sweet time. My kids are convinced it's a girl 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_194106490.jpg
    IMG_20210503_194106490.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 8
Well, after candling a few days ago, only 3 of the 15 eggs were fertile. Which is a little disappointing, but not completely unexpected. The cockerel is young yet and is seduction method is the Sneak Attack...which just makes the ladies mad. He is refining his technique, so hopefully next time we will have better numbers.
The three eggs look good and we are looking forward to hatch day (14th)!

I currently have a pole going about shipped eggs & gestation of quitters. I would appreciate anyone’s votes that have hatched shipped chicken or duck eggs before.

Find it Here.

Has anyone hatched chicken eggs with jumbo corturnix quail eggs before? I just realized they are due the same day and are in the same incubator now so would save me starting up a 5th incubator at lockdown lol or i have button quail due a day later I could put them with

Has anyone hatched chicken eggs with jumbo corturnix quail eggs before? I just realized they are due the same day and are in the same incubator now so would save me starting up a 5th incubator at lockdown lol or i have button quail due a day later I could put them with
Ha ha, I had to check my hatch notes. I have not done quail and chicken chicks together, but I’ve done chicken chicks, ducklings and poults together.

Funny I was just thinking about this today. I think I've seen it done in other threads, but I think they were taking out chicks before they got too zoomy

Back
Top Bottom