May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
4 as of day 20/21 I have not totaled out yet, 7 more pips, and 5 waiting for action.
Blue isbar below they always have pretty dark eyes.
20c.PNG

SFH below
20e.PNG

2 mosaics below
20p.PNG

7 chicks hatched now- and 9 eggs pipped, of the 16 lockdown chicks.
I don't have a pic of the newest below are the other 6 + a shrimpy 2 week old chick who is the same size as the new hatched-She is a SS. below- "saffron"
20a.PNG

SFH... Feona
20b.PNG

2 of the BLRW
20d.PNG

mosaic...Mimi
20f.PNG

Blue maran...Marienne
20g.PNG

mosaic...Me-chew-a-con.
20h.PNG

blue isbar- Xanadu
20i.PNG

below is their brooder box- with couches and wide screen tv. They are watching a surf movie called "blue crush."
20j.PNG

Last edited:
Watch a movie, go for a walk or solve a Rubiks cube.
Day 22 - 3 still in incubator pipped and peeping. 9 little roos and 13 hens out running around eating and drinking. 3 roos died soon after hatch. Almost a perfectly divided hatch!

Threw out 7 that stopped developing and 2 that pipped at the wrong end and died.

Overall, I’m calling it a successful hatch!

I just checked my celadon egg and it has an external pip! They weren’t supposed to hatch until Mother’s Day,. I didn’t touch any of the others after I saw that external pip.

Pip Squeak will have a friend soon! He’s still hanging with the chicken chicks.

What would you do if you recieved shipped duck eggs with air cells that were a little wiggly and your incubator only works with eggs on their sides. Would you incubate on their sides from day one, incubate in cut cartons for a certain time then lay them in their sides or would you incubate upright for the whole incubation??
Asking for myself :D

Back
Top Bottom