May 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Here are my latest hatches. The March and April hatches are in the chick/grow-out coop.
My first hatch for this year. White Leghorns.
20210403_133158[2].jpg
20210428_185547[1].jpg

Here they are now in the chick/grow-out coop.
20210517_094521[1].jpg

My second hatch. They think they're hiding. Brown and White Leghorns.
20210517_094334[1].jpg

This is my recent hatch. RC RIR, SC RIR and more White Leghorns from different coops. I have a few more RC RIR eggs in the incubator. Those will be the absolute last hatch of this year.
20210517_093850[1].jpg

I'm up to 7 quails but the most recent has hatched with unasorbed yolk, im worried the other 6 will peck at it but I have more eggs with pips so cant remove the others, I have made the room dark for now so hopefully they dont bother it
Do you have a small bowl or a cup that can fit in the incubator? It’ll stop the quail from injuring itself

I had gone to do that not long after posting and saw intestines so little one was culled. Another two have hatched.
Echo is still waiting on the other chickens to hatch so introduced to the quail again and shes being nice now, shown them the food and water for me. Currently all snuggled together under the brooder plate

My quacky campbell duck egg- "Quack Daniels". I grabbed 3 eggs from a friend and put them under a hen- one was not fertile- the hen cracked 2. I put nail polish on the one with the smallest crack. Since I was hatching chickens
qu.PNG

all month, I put the egg in with hatching eggs and their high humidity. The duck hatched. I am not going to be a duck keeper, so I will have just one.

below is the nail polished egg.
qua.PNG

Back
Top Bottom