May 2022 hatch along

Mine are 7 weeks now. All are healthy. Mama hen bailed at about 3 weeks and now Lawrence the rooster has taken over parenting duties. He calls them to eat when I give them treats, shelters them from hawks and scary fireworks and just generally looks after them!
117EC9E6-4FA0-4396-8781-D2B663511859.jpeg
BEEA7AB9-E17D-4931-B5F2-5D6A42EBFE62.jpeg
2DEF41E6-5A78-4AC9-8327-37296715117D.jpeg

Mine are 7 weeks now. All are healthy. Mama hen bailed at about 3 weeks and now Lawrence the rooster has taken over parenting duties. He calls them to eat when I give them treats, shelters them from hawks and scary fireworks and just generally looks after them! View attachment 3175238View attachment 3175239View attachment 3175240
what an amazing rooster!!!!! with mine mama left them about 3.5 weeks or so maybe 4. While my rooster doesn't hurt them and he calls everyone over he doesn't seem to protect them if anyone else in the flock picks on them. And he doesn't feed them or just call them over. he calls everyone over. LOL

what an amazing rooster!!!!! with mine mama left them about 3.5 weeks or so maybe 4. While my rooster doesn't hurt them and he calls everyone over he doesn't seem to protect them if anyone else in the flock picks on them. And he doesn't feed them or just call them over. he calls everyone over. LOL
Heā€™s actually my bachelor rooster. So no hens are competing for his attention right now. The babies are still separate from the main flock because my hens are vicious so I wonā€™t put them in the rest of the flock until they are big enough to fight back.

Heā€™s actually my bachelor rooster. So no hens are competing for his attention right now. The babies are still separate from the main flock because my hens are vicious so I wonā€™t put them in the rest of the flock until they are big enough to fight back.
Ahhh. Thankfully mine are good. They will do a bit of pecking if they are close but that is it. I have had broodies raise babies in there from day 1. And had chicks in a coop brooder and let them with the rest of the flock around 4 weeks maybe just under.

Back
Top Bottom