May 2023 Hatch-a-long

44a.PNG

45a.PNG

Above is my list, below are my eggs in the list order starting with the egg carton to the left, top.
44.PNG

They have been in a couple of days. I think one (BO) egg may have a ring already. I added one of my eggs, a blue one.
I am saving eggs to incubate from my hens also. but there will be a 3 day difference.

View attachment 3382168
View attachment 3382169
Above is my list, below are my eggs in the list order starting with the egg carton to the left, top.
View attachment 3382170
They have been in a couple of days. I think one (BO) egg may have a ring already. I added one of my eggs, a blue one.
I am saving eggs to incubate from my hens also. but there will be a 3 day difference.
Sorry about the BO. I have never hatched chicks, but I'll be watching and learning. We have Australorps and Welsummers, but I also would love to try Buckeyes. We are talking about adding Marans this spring or summer though, but it a little bit depends on what happens with the ducks... I think most likely we would get chicks like we did last year to get started, but this is encouraging me to maybe consider hatching eggs, too! I think it's neat especially with fancy layers to see off the bat what kind of eggs you'll end up with!

I just started on day 21. 3 eggs I am still waiting on, but here is what hatched.
2k.PNG

top left 2 are Blue andelusian. Red head is from my chickens. Silver is OE, the Black is a blue orpington.
LO and another OE is in incubator drying off.
2lo.PNG

2j.PNG

the 3 I am still waiting on are BCM (pipped), Frizzle, and another LO

Back
Top Bottom