May 2024 Hatch-A-Long

How is everyone’s eggs doing? I have tossed 2 clears and 1 quitter, and I am now down to 6 Cream Legbar eggs. If I get 1 or 2 pullets to hatch I will be happy. 😁

How is everyone’s eggs doing? I have tossed 2 clears and 1 quitter, and I am now down to 6 Cream Legbar eggs. If I get 1 or 2 pullets to hatch I will be happy. 😁
I am down to 14 duck eggs. And I think 15 chicken. But I added 3 of those chicken eggs in like 5 days later...... I have 12 days left till hatch on the duck and most of the chicken

I just started a mother's day hatch-a-long, so join if you have eggs due on mother's day!
Here are my eggs.
ad.PNG

My Swedish Flower eggs are in lockdown now, so I moved the 6 Cream Legbar eggs to my little incubator. The Legbar eggs are on day 13, they are still going strong. It’s definitely a bit harder to see inside the blue eggs but it’s not impossible. I wonder if there is an extra layer in the shell or something, because the eggs are a very light color, almost white, but still hard to see inside!

My Swedish Flower eggs are in lockdown now, so I moved the 6 Cream Legbar eggs to my little incubator. The Legbar eggs are on day 13, they are still going strong. It’s definitely a bit harder to see inside the blue eggs but it’s not impossible. I wonder if there is an extra layer in the shell or something, because the eggs are a very light color, almost white, but still hard to see inside!
I have some blue and some green eggs that are light and soooo hard to see in. Others are easy! Even some of my lighter brown I can barely see in. Not sure why.

Well I had 3 surprise chicks hatch yesterday out of my "duck" egg incubator. Lol. They looked like the duck eggs so I set them with them. Fri night went to cool and candle my duck eggs due to hatch next Sat and had 3 pips. Had to quickly get it into lockdown. Lol. But have 3 cute white chicks that hatched no problem

Ugh still 5 more days for my hatches..... I hate that ducklings take so long! Lol. My chicks normally pip around day 19 and hatch by day 20. So being on day 23 feels like FOREVER!!!!! I also have chicken eggs goy it set them a week after the ducks so they hatch at the same time but since the duck we're already going my mind feels like it has been 23 days for the chicks even though it has only been 16. Lol

I realized yesterday that I forgot to open the air hole on the incubator for the entire incubation. I have 1 chick hatched and several pips, but one seems to have zipped and got stuck. Time to get ready for some assisted hatches I guess. 😬

Oops, this was meant for the April hatch a long but oh well 😅

Back
Top Bottom