MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

15 of 20 made it on the 18th and 19th, number 16 was ifrst out and died as he was waaay too quick and had't absorbed all of the yolk and tore himself out of the egg and bled a lot. four died in shell, one was internally pipped, so close to making it. Lavender araucanas, pic below of one lovely pale one

56402_p1000073.jpg

very pretty baby sometimes those babies just don't make it sad and I always want to know why for myself but they don't have csi for chicks....the ones you have are so cute thanks for the pictures.

May 21st... hatch day!! Okay, so we have been expecting 3 of 6 to hatch, and so far we only have one. An adorable little speckled sussex chick. I hope the others hatch. If not, we'll go to our friend and buy some chicks around the same age so it's not alone. That would make me feel bad. The other two we have been expecting to hatch are Orpingtons. They are swollen and look ready, but so far nothing. I hope they make it!

I need to figure out how to post pictures on here now... lol

Last edited:
An update now that I have counted the dry chickies in the brooder.
wee.gif

28 mottled houdans I'm already
love.gif
over one of them
ya.gif

15 welsummer
21 copper marans
17 buckeyes
16 buff cochins
for a total of 97 chicks in the brooder!!!
1 more buckeye out and drying in the bator along with 3 buff cochins. more updates with a final count and pics tomorrow
smile.png
I'm off to bed now! Gotta get my sons first haircut in the morning. Night all!!!!
And congrats to everyone with new fuzz butts!!!!
celebrate.gif

and happy
jumpy.gif
thoughts to all!!!

Quote:
Sam, I gotta show this post to my DH, so he'll think my 30 odd chicks is Nothin!!! Even if I do hatch 30 odd every 3 weeks or so. Oh wait, sometimes I hatch 30 odd X2. Oh well. HenZ Addicted to hatching those chicks.

Back
Top Bottom