MAY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Quote:
Ok 1st hatch day will be April 15. Set 12 each of Olive Eggers and WCblue Polish! I love Polish. Have more on the way as I'm typing this. Buff Laced Polish and mor BCMsssssssssssssssss

My new babies were hatched saturday. Four BCMs, 2 Birchen (sp) Marans and a beautiful Blue Ameracuana from Sebrightmom. Got a 50/50 hatch, but they were shipped eggs, so happy I got half. Doing a lot of shipped eggs in a row and since I had no room for my own eggs I'm gonna have to toss them
sad.png
Unless someone near me would like some Game and Easter Eggers to hatch. I hate to save them all and not have room for them or another bator running.

Working on my bator that I was going to use and will look for something inspirational for another after I get through this week. My mom's services are on thursday and I've been in a fog. She was the only person I could talk chickens with for more than 2 sentences. We'd talk about them a lot during our hours long talks. I have to find Silkie eggs soon since we had talked about them. My great grandmother had her prize Silkies and White Rocks since before me or even my mom were even born, so I need some honor chicks.

A nice tribute to your Mom. I can only hope to have someone remember me in such a kind way, memories keep them with us. I have several good memories of my Grandmother & Mother that include their fondness & even funny experiences with chickens. Happy hatching!

Good Luck to everyone...also today I put 7 salmon faverolles eggs under another hen..man if all of these hatch or even 1/2 of them I'll be in chicken heaven, not that I'm not already.

The Barnevelder eggs arrived today via USPS - 8 eggs and not one broken!!
celebrate.gif
Excellent packing job by the BYC'er. Letting them rest tonight then into the incubator they go tomorrow. To "Cavendish Chickens": it will be fun to hatch together since we are using the same incubator, but mine has the egg turner, which I will take out at lockdown. Already bought the shelf liner to go inside. Good Luck!!
Donna

***Update on Us***

We started with 20 Ameraucaunas, 13 BCM, 15 Easter Eggers, and 10 Bourbon Red Turkeys.

On the Ameraucaunas, I dropped 1 the day they arrived and it landed on another one so broke two of them.
he.gif
I then culled one thinking it wasn't fertile on day 7. It turned out to be fertile and developing fine.
hide.gif
Lessons learned. Be very careful and never cull unless you smell stinkiness inside.

Just candled the remaining 17 and every one of them seem to be growing and developing fine.
celebrate.gif

With the BCM....I don't remember why I culled 2 of them.
hide.gif
Doesn't make sense because I honestly can not see in any of them. I can see their air sac and so far with the 11 I have left, they seem to be developing fine. There is one I am actually a little worried about. Both ends are the same size, so I don't know if I put it in backwards or not. Pretty much had to guess which end is up/down. Can't see an air sac or anything in it.
hmm.png

With the Easter Eggers. I have 11 of them in my Genesis 1588 with the rest of my chicken eggs. All but one of them seem to be developing great with dancing chicks inside. I then have 4 in my Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco with my turkey eggs (to teach turkeys to eat and drink). Out of these 4, 2 of them seem to be developing great and two of them I can't really see inside, so we'll see with them.

And lastly, with my turkeys I think I might just get a 100% hatch. One is a big maybe, but they honestly all look great.
wee.gif

I have 4 BRs that are dancing inside, so cool!! 1 was a dud - not even fertile & 1 I am still not sure about. Silkies came tuesday, MPC eggs coming today (I hope) and picking up EE eggs friday.

I have an Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco with 12 Silkie eggs from my girls in it as a school hatching project. This is my first time hatching at school. I usually hatch at home and bring in the chicks, but with the auto-turn felt brave enough to leave them over weekends. So far, I have one that I candled and am not sure about, but the rest seem OK. Due date is May 11th or 12th.
0430001459-1.jpg

Last edited:
Can I join??

I have lavender orp eggs in the bator due May 5-6th! so excited!

I got 20 eggs in the mail and I have 15 that are growing!!!

When everyone hatches I want to see pictures!

smile.png

Don't know how I almost missed this Hatch-Along! Count me in.
I currently have 16 Silkies eggs in a Little Giant still air incubator that was loaned to me. I will be picking up another dozen Silkie eggs from the post office this morning. I broke down and purchased an egg turner yesterday because the thought of turning 28 eggs 3X a day didn't sound appealing.
I had originally planned on setting the eggs in my homemade incubator but I wasn't too happy with the temperature swings. I plan on working out the swings over the next few days so I can use it as my lockdown/hatcher.
My biggest
he.gif
is my obsession with temperature. It's enough to drive a person crazy!!!

So here is the current lowdown on my shipped eggs...
Set 4-26: 6 b/b/s (and possibly white) Silkie eggs (3 questionable since the air cells came loose during shipping)
Set 4-28: 10 Buff Silkie eggs (one with a loose air cell)

Setting today: An additional 12 b/b/s Silkie eggs

First time hatcher
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom