May hatch-a-long

my broody is doing really well with her one chick but the hens keep trying to take her food and this one hen took a beak full of feathers out so ive been keeping the run door shut while they free range and they free range all day but the chick and mama has taken there first day playing out in the run but when should i open the door and let the flock come meet the chick other then at night

my broody is doing really well with her one chick but the hens keep trying to take her food and this one hen took a beak full of feathers out so ive been keeping the run door shut while they free range and they free range all day but the chick and mama has taken there first day playing out in the run but when should i open the door and let the flock come meet the chick other then at night

Wolf, take it slow if they are harassing her they may hurt the chick. Make sure when you let then out mana and baby have lots of safe places to go rest and hide for the others

I now have another broody. She kicked the original broody off of her eggs! I'm going to try to play musical eggs tonight and put the original eggs back under the original broody and give new eggs to the new broody.

Gotta love musical eggs. If you have enough you could split the eggs. My issue with musical eggs was they couldn't agree whos eggs where whos. I had to seperate them to protect the eggs. First mama hatch 3 of 7 second mama is day 11 sitting on 2 of 4.

Back
Top Bottom