May hatch-a-long

Pics
So last night I did not have a way to keep the chicks warm so I put them back in the bator they will be in there brooder today and tonight though so they stayed in the incubator all night and this morning I woke up and checked on them and the bantam egg and yay I think she piped:eek::celebrate but I don’t know do you think the chicks could have cracked the egg or maybe it’s a pip and also should I still candle the bantam egg just to be sure

Last edited:
YAY so happy your baby eggie has a pip! Now it is important not to open the 'bator! The new one will be okay with the others in there, leave them until your bantie makes it out! They will be okay in there!
Thanks so much so I can leave the chicks in there and they will not hurt the egg or peck the chick when it try’s to come out thanks

How old are the chicks again? If they are only a day old or so they should be fine with the egg. Are they banties too? Sorry I forgot.
Once the bantie is hatched, you can open the bator and take out the older chicks if you are worried. The critical thing is to keep lockdown until your pipped egg hatches so they don't get shrink wrapped in there.

Back
Top Bottom