May I open the incubator? Please?

I experienced some late hatchers and put a plastic pencil tray in the bator with rubber shelf liner on the bottom. It was very narrow and shallow. Placed the little chicks in it while the eggs were left undisturbed. Did it very quickly.

Quote:
i dont get it?

This is a pic of the tray inside the incubator. The chicks did not bump the other eggs that were very slowly hatching, but, were still kept in the same temp and humidity. It worked for for us. Hope this helps to understand.
15765_bator_002.jpg

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Does that answer your question??
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Actually, if you have some that have been sitting there more than 24 hours, you probably could quickly take them out, but honestly I would wait until all of the babies are at least dry. Remember they don't need food until about day 3, and as long as the humidity is like 50% or higher they should have enough moisture to get by until they are all done popping out..
CONGRATS, btw
Christina

I CAVED! They were running around sitting on the new babies hatching out and I just felt so bad. I have had 3 more hatch out since though, so I think I was quick enough.
Getting a drink
17662_babies_018.jpg

Eeew, go around the poo
17662_babies_017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom