Maybe a Raccoon????

WhoDey513

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 5, 2013
Chicken was attacked Saturday night and has a nasty gash on the side of her face treated her with HP and ad ointment. She was laying 3 days later and seemed alot better but today she is acting as slow and lethargic as the day after attack, HELP Please!!!!!!!

Yeah I thought about that but she won't eat nothing today not even grapes!!!???

I am so so very sorry!

The only thng to try, is to hold her and put an oatmeal consistency wet feed in her mouth. Maybe if you get enough food into her she will perk up.

Unfortunately though, she is probably going to die no matter what you do. It sounds like she is doing very poorly.

I am so sorry for the trauma that you are going through!

Why was she doing better and laying eggs and now she's worse and why do you think she will die!!!???

Oh you poor thing! I am so sorry, but if she isn't eating anything at all, I just guessed that she would end up passing away.

My only guess as to why she was doing better, and then took a sharp turn for the worse, is an infection that took a few days to set in. Raccoons are notoriously dirty creatures.

If she still isn't eating, maybe you want to take her to the vet.

I dunno.

But, what ever happens,
hugs.gif

Thanks for the Advice and I was just wanting your opinion on why she is worse and I figured it was infection setting in. No vets where I'm at will help chickens so I'm gonna do everything I can to help her and if it don't work out I will raise more next spring the thing about this chicken is it was our first and I rasied her from the beginning so it will be sad but I have learned a valuable lesson on keeping chickens safe from nasty raccoons thanx again!

Back
Top Bottom