Maybe BCM mix pullet?

Raptorchick

Serama-mama
May 21, 2018
Pine Grove, CA
I couldn't get the best pics of her, shes very skittish (hoping for a pullet!). I bought her with a mix of blue eggs, they tossed in one chocolate brown egg, it was the only one that hatched. The egg was average sized, but she was a monstrous chick, and she's twice the size of the babies I hatched only a week later. I'm not sure if it is normal for chicks to be twice the size with one week difference? The people I purchased from said the possible mother hens are ameraucana, olive egger, and cream legbar (brown egg so I'm guessing the olive egger?) And possible daddy roos are ameraucana, cream legbar, and black copper maran (guessing BCM ?). I think she has a rose comb, since it is kind of bubbly and flat, not pointed. Her legs are a grayish-black and fuzzy, non fuzzy feet. Her neck has brown spots, and she has a couple white feathers in her wings. Shes 7 weeks old.
Just checking, since she seems large compared to my other chicks... I'm curious about her possible breed and gender :) thanks all !
20181030_143520.jpg

20181030_143527.jpg
20181030_220156.jpg
20181030_143546(0).jpg

Black copper maran pullet
Non of those breeds have a rose comb so im guessing its a pea comb from the americauna
Now im thinking there olive egger that you got the brown egg from was a result of mixing black copper maran with americauna.
Chocolate egg layer mixed with blue egg layer = brown egg layer
So a brown egg layer "olive egger" from what they said mixed back with black copper maran rooster equals a black copper maran with 1 white feather
I have same excact chicken with same white feather in same spot feathered feet and all
All my marans seem to grow faster than my other breeds so the doubled size makes

Ok wait.. if it hatched from a brown egg then the mother hen was a brown egg layer. If mom was an olive egger (a mixed breed) then the egg would have been olive. Otherwise she'd just be a mix. Brown egg layer x blue egg layer = olive egg layer.

that chick is atleast part BCM and with the options you gave that means dad was BCM. The egg was brown so ma wasn't CCL.

That last pick looks like a straight comb. And red.

Oh yay good news! I've had so many cockerels lately lol, thanks for the info!
Sorry bud. Not a BCM unless both parents were and you told us they weren't with your list of options. Don't think it's a pullet either but some good clear pics in natural light of it standing on its own would help. Side shot and head shot would be nice...

20181031_165434.jpg

This is her/him next to an ayam cemani and barbezieux that are one week younger, shes my little giant :gig
So is that a pea comb?
Heres another, next to my 2.5 month old serama (the 6week olds are just millimeters bigger than the serama right now)... I admit the seramas make her look bigger... (edit:typo)
20181031_165356.jpg

Black copper maran pullet
Non of those breeds have a rose comb so im guessing its a pea comb from the americauna
Now im thinking there olive egger that you got the brown egg from was a result of mixing black copper maran with americauna.
Chocolate egg layer mixed with blue egg layer = brown egg layer
So a brown egg layer "olive egger" from what they said mixed back with black copper maran rooster equals a black copper maran with 1 white feather
I have same excact chicken with same white feather in same spot feathered feet and all
All my marans seem to grow faster than my other breeds so the doubled size makes
Oh yay good news! I've had so many cockerels lately lol, thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom