Maybe Bumblefoot?

DotToDot

Crowing
Apr 11, 2023
I have a barred rock hen who got bumblefoot about a year ago. At least, I thought it was bumblefoot. Now I’m seeing pictures on this website and on line that show a hard black spot. My hen has a tough black growth kinda like sandpaper sprouting out of her foot. It was about two centimeters long, and I was worried, so I trimmed it, which didn’t hurt her. About three months earlier, it fell out. There was a little blood, but we put bluecoat on it, and it healed really fast. Her foot is still quite swollen, and I’m getting worried, because I’m not so sure that it’s bumblefoot anymore. None of the pictures I’ve seen have matched it. I realize photos would be helpful, but I am currently away from where my hen is. I will get photos as fast as I can.
Please advise?

I have a barred rock hen who got bumblefoot about a year ago. At least, I thought it was bumblefoot. Now I’m seeing pictures on this website and on line that show a hard black spot. My hen has a tough black growth kinda like sandpaper sprouting out of her foot. It was about two centimeters long, and I was worried, so I trimmed it, which didn’t hurt her. About three months earlier, it fell out. There was a little blood, but we put bluecoat on it, and it healed really fast. Her foot is still quite swollen, and I’m getting worried, because I’m not so sure that it’s bumblefoot anymore. None of the pictures I’ve seen have matched it. I realize photos would be helpful, but I am currently away from where my hen is. I will get photos as fast as I can.
Please advise?
Please post photos.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom