Bumblefoot?

PigeonMama

Hatching
Dec 29, 2023
About a month ago one of our chickens started limping and we realized she had a big growth on the side of her foot. Her foot is swollen underneath it. We treated her for scaly foot for several weeks, but now we're thinking it might be bumblefoot. However, the growth looks unlike anything I've seen in descriptions of bumblefoot. We soaked it in water and epsom salt for about half an hour, but it didn't soften at all. We're wondering:

1. Could it be something other than bumblefoot?
2. If bumblefoot, can we cut the growth off, if it won't "squeeze" off?

(I can't find a way to attach photos here. Is it possible?)

Amanda

I'm not the best with bumble foot, but here is how you attach a picture. You click (press) on the little image that should be right above the message box. Then it should open a small window saying "drop image". Click on that, and then select from where you want your photo to be uploaded, select the desired photo, and it should upload

About a month ago one of our chickens started limping and we realized she had a big growth on the side of her foot. Her foot is swollen underneath it. We treated her for scaly foot for several weeks, but now we're thinking it might be bumblefoot. However, the growth looks unlike anything I've seen in descriptions of bumblefoot. We soaked it in water and epsom salt for about half an hour, but it didn't soften at all. We're wondering:

1. Could it be something other than bumblefoot?
2. If bumblefoot, can we cut the growth off, if it won't "squeeze" off?

(I can't find a way to attach photos here. Is it possible?)

Amanda
PXL_20231229_225124217 - Copy.jpg

That protrusion off to the right of her right foot is the growth. It's not a toe. It's purple because of the Blu Cote we've been using.

I'm not the best with bumble foot, but here is how you attach a picture. You click (press) on the little image that should be right above the message box. Then it should open a small window saying "drop image". Click on that, and then select from where you want your photo to be uploaded, select the desired photo, and it should upload
Thanks. I tried that with the initial posting but only got an option to add a link, which I didn't have. Anyway, it worked this time.

Back
Top Bottom