Maybe not an OEG after all?

Darth Bantam

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
When we first got this chick at TSC we thought it might be an OEGB but now we aren't so sure. There is a lot of white on the chest and the face feathers are coming in a tannish color.

Last edited:
*Darth Bantam and I live together, so we share the chickies*

Some of the feathers are similar to SS, but that doesn't explain the ridiculously long legs and tan facial feathers, and the concentration of white on the breast. She/he has always been extremely docile and subdued compared to the others. She is from TSC bantam assortment, and we were told they come from Privett Hatchery at this location.

Right now, my best guess is a weird looking Spangled OEG.

Last edited:
i think its beak is a little to long and delicate to be a game bird. and oegb chicks are very broad breasted and bulky

^^That's another thing about it that bugs me. It is a very thin built, delicate looking chick with a very long, sharp looking head and beak compared to the others.

Bantam modern game. They have those long skinny legs, are lightly built and have narrow heads.

Last edited:
I would LOVE that if she was a Modern Game, but do these ever really come in the feed store assortments?

We just call her "she" out of habit. lol

Last edited:
I don't see why not. Hatcheries do have modern game bantams, and the assortments are whatever chicks are leftover from specific breed orders. I can't think of any other breed with those crazy long legs.

Back
Top Bottom