maybe sick ?

Watch her close until she poops and get a clear picture of it....the fresh poop.
IMG_0066.jpeg

Can you pick her up and then pick another hen that isn't sick and gauge her weight?
she is lighter.

im wondering if she wasn't able to get enough food.

the separation of chickens that happened a few days ago was intended to happen 3 weeks ago but I got covid and was building the "bachelor pad". I think crowding could have been an issue. seeing her eat vigorously today makes me think she was getting excluded from eating with all the cockerels in with her.

update:

she seems to be a little better today. I went out and got some "rooster booster" from tractor supply. electrolytes/vitamins and probiotics and such.

I think what had happened was she got trampled/ wasn't getting enough food. like I mentioned I was building the second coop to facilitate them as they grow but I got covid and they got a lot bigger in that time. I got screwed on my sex ratios and I had 3 pullets and 5 cockerels and they just got separated at 13 weeks. was supposed to be 10.

when I went in to separate them I saw her getting trampled. I think she was just shook up and maybe a little injured. im really hoping for a full recovery because she is my only bcm hen I got out of a $250 dollar chick order.

Back
Top Bottom