Maybe some chickens?

Tammy, one day as I lose my original flock of various breeds, they will be replaced with only Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons. I have two Buff Orps in my flock, in addition to my Barred Rocks and others, and they are wonderful girls, too. One has gone broody twice and the other one never has. They lay huge eggs, too.

Asking people what their favorite breed of chicken is, is like asking them what their favorite dog is!
lol.png

I also vote for the Rocks! I have White, Buff and Barred Plymouth Rocks and they are all friendly, docile and tame easily. I love it when they all come running when they see me, even though it's because I'm a food dispenser!
roll.png

Maybe I misread Speckled Hen's post, but she had better not be suggesting that she'll stop raising BLUE Orps!!! We won't have it.

Welcome to the BYC group. You'll love your future chickens.

No, I was talking about my laying flock, not my breeding flock. Suede and the Blue Ladies are staying put. I may sell the Ameraucanas, but the Blue Orps aren't going anywhere, although I'm sure if I changed my mind and put them up for sale, I'd have a few takers.
wink.png

It's my first time raising chickens. I have 16 chickens that are over 7 months old now and I've had them since they were a day old.. 4 Silverlaced Wyandotte pullets, 1 Silverlaced wyandotte roo, 6 Rhode Island Red pullets, & 5 Easter Eggers that was labeled as Ameraucana/Auraucanas, but they are mutts. I thought I was getting the blue egg layers, buts that's ok, b/c they are so sweet and most lay pretty green eggs. They remind me of lap cats. I really love them. The Rhode Island Reds are docile and very business like when it comes to laying. The SLW were a little skittish as babies, but one picked up they settle down. They seem to lay pretty consistent so far.

Back
Top Bottom