Maybe we are related, what was your maiden name or your mama's?

Let's see...My aunt did a lot of research

Mom's maiden is Courtney from Ireland
(this branch of the Courtney's ran to England to get away from persecution)

G-ma's maiden name was Henderson Scottish

GG-Ma's maiden name was McGregor Scottish and directly descended from Rob Roy McGregor(the rascal!!!)

Great-Grandpa Henderson's mother was a Nielsen from Sweden

The LDS church gave my ancestors land in Wyoming to move from Sweden and Scotland

Grandpa Courtney's mother was a Crowley from Scotland again

Don't know anything about bio-dad's family except his last name was Lopez

Quote:
That's interesting I think the Cook in our family has Native American also.

My great Grandmother was part Indian and her mother was full Indian I wish i knew her maiden name i think i will call my grandpa and find out!!!

Quote:
I think if you could steal someone's identity by having a few last names someone in the town I live in who all know my family going back a few hundred years would have already done so.

Quote:
I am pretty interested in that whole mess, actually. Have you ever read "The Devil in Massachusetts"? I recognized a lot of my neighbors (and myself) in that book - it was scary, in a way
lau.gif
The part where it tells about afterwards, though, is what was really neat - the new pastor came in and he really worked hard to fix the community and everyone's attitudes towards each other.

It just boggles me, still, how they could have gone so crazy over the whole deal - how do you watch your neighbor being hung/tortured and not speak out? or even relish the event? -- Or even have doubts yourself (if you were afraid to speak out).

Meri

Mass hysteria, scary stuff. I'll check that book out. Thanks!

Rebecca Nurse was my 8th great grandmother on my maternal grandmothers side.

Plaisance - Paternal Grandfather (and my last name--duh)
Baudoin - Maternal Grandfather
Compeaux -Maternal Grandmother
Melancon - Paternal Grandmother

I'm more French than many people in France, but don't hold that against me! :)

I am quite a bit behind, but I've done a search and so far I don't see my current husband's family name, most of his family left are still in the Czech republic where my father in law came from directly: FOGL (no relation to Jared from the Subway commercial!)

My maiden is GIROUARD, we're french Canadian part of the french revoluation family that got sent to N. America as slaves for revolting against the queen. Most ended up down river like my great-great grandfather who ended up in New Orleans. My current family on that side are mostly in Connecticut

My mother's is MALINOWSKI my grandfather straight from Poland and one hell of a college football player!
wink.png

Last edited:
I am a Kellison, and there are alot of us from PA, OhI, WVA, and me in NC. Just had are family reunion, I am number 9 of ten kids, no wonder there are so many. No i am not Catholic.

Back
Top Bottom