Maybe Yall could Tell Me What The Problem Is

sammyh312

Chirping
8 Years
May 22, 2011
15 month old RI Red not quite herself. Has been a VERY reliable layer, and with her Barred Rock hen best friend, she rules the roost. Last week to ten days though, she eats and drinks and she looks ok, but she stopped laying, and shes a little slower getting around the run, and no longer runs to the fence when i come out with treats, and her combs a little pale. Two days ago i saw her vent area was messy so im thinking great, she must have laid an egg and is back to herself. Nope, i found a dinner-plate-size, clear liquid stain in the pine chips right in front of their nest box, so for last two days the Barred Rock has laid her eggs in the run instead of the box she shares with the RIR. Couldnt tell what the stain was, but i DE'd the area and turned it with new chips, so maybe now the BR will go back to her nest. Any ideas what might be wrong with the RI Red? Molting? Other medical issues? Thanks

Nope, nice and soft with nothing there. no signs of pain or distress, plus shes eating and drinking and her comb color is good today. but her vent area was/is messy like she had laid an egg. Probably just me making more out of it than what it is, and is just part of their natural cycle. Id like her to go back to laying so id KNOW she was ok, plus hoping the BR doesnt make a habit outta laying in the run.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom