Mazuri Gamebird Or Kalmbach Feed For Ducks & Geese?

GranderTheGander

Songster
Feb 3, 2021
Does anyone feed the Mazuri Gamebird feeds--starter or breeder or maintenance--to ducks and geese? It looks similar to the waterfowl feed, both in appearance and nutritional info. The protein amounts aren't exactly right, but that's not an issue with the birds I feed. The Mazuri waterfowl feed has suddenly gone up so much at Chewys that it's too expensive to buy. Anyone use the Kalmbach waterfowl feed?

i feed kalmbach duck and goose, and mine LOVE it lol. one of my girls is super picky and wouldn’t eat the mazuri (i think because of the shape but not 100% sure) but this one is suppose to be just as good!
The Kalmbach doesn't float, but I can use it on land. I'll try it. Thanks for telling me how your ducks like it. The Mazuri has fish meal, whereas the Kalmbach doesn't, so maybe that's why your girl doesn't like it. My observation is non-diving waterfowl seem to have little interest in fish. Heck, I've seen seagulls who seem to have little interest in fish! 🙃
I haven’t tried kalmbach, but do use Mazuri waterfowl. Yes, I see on chewy that it’s now 62.99 for #50. Mazuri sells it for 46.99, but it’s about $20 for shipping. I curse inflation…everything is so expensive now.
I wonder if the price increase at Chewys is actually a "hidden" shipping fee! 😠

The Kalmbach doesn't float, but I can use it on land. I'll try it. Thanks for telling me how your ducks like it. The Mazuri has fish meal, whereas the Kalmbach doesn't, so maybe that's why your girl doesn't like it. My observation is non-diving waterfowl seem to have little interest in fish. Heck, I've seen seagulls who seem to have little interest in fish! 🙃

I wonder if the price increase at Chewys is actually a "hidden" shipping fee! 😠
Could be.

I e-mailed Chewys the other night and asked why the Mazuri prices went up so much. They said that's just the way it is, prices can fluctuate. Told them I would not buy Mazuri waterfowl feed at those prices. Was just looking at my favorites list at Chewys tonight, and noticed the waterfowl feed prices are back down to what they were before they went up. ☺️

P.S. Am getting a bag of Kalmbach duck and goose from Amazon this week. Kalmback sells and ships it.

Last edited:
I e-mailed Chewys the other night and asked why the Mazuri prices went up so much. They said that's just the way it is, prices can fluctuate. Told them I would not buy Mazuri waterfowl feed at those prices. Was just looking at my favorites list at Chewys tonight, and noticed the waterfowl feed prices are back down to what they were before they went up. ☺️

P.S. Am getting a bag of Kalmbach duck and goose from Amazon this week. Kalmback sells and ships it.
Good for you! I think the last time I bought Mazuri from Chewy it was 49.99. Raising the price that much is not good.

Good for you! I think the last time I bought Mazuri from Chewy it was 49.99. Raising the price that much is not good.
I've never seen anything jump in price that much. I doubt my e-mail made them drop it again. I'm thinking people who subscribed to it probably cancelled their subscriptions. Or maybe the price is going to wildly fluctuate from now on.

Back
Top Bottom