Mazuri Waterfowl Feed Prices . . .

GranderTheGander

Songster
Feb 3, 2021
We are discussing Mazuri waterfowl feed prices in a thread in the duck forum, so I thought I would put this more specific thread in the goose forum. The prices of the Mazuri feed recently outrageously shot up at chewys.com. The 50# Maintenance went up over $15, and the 25# Starter at least $10! Prices are now back down, though, to what they were before the price increase. If you buy Mazuri from Chewy, would you please post here if you see a price change. It would be interesting to know, too, how much you pay for it at other places, either online or locally.

I know that many items on Amazon use algorithms based on supply and demand to adjust prices. The more popular a product is or the more they have in inventory, the lower the price will be and vice versa. It happens automatically. That’s why (most people don’t notice) there will be small prices changes multiple times in a week or even a day… sometimes only 2 cents.

Maybe that’s what happened since the price readjusted quickly. Or a glitch. That’s one of the issues with technology. I don’t know if chewy uses the algorithm.

I love Chewy for all my dogs/cats needs, and I find that while prices fluctuate, it usually is a great deal. I love seeing wider spread distribution of mazuri and encourage everyone to buy mazuri. With that said, I am a die-hard loyal customer to my local mom/pop feed store, who has kept it stocked for me for 10 years and price fixed at $40 the whole time.

I know that many items on Amazon use algorithms based on supply and demand to adjust prices. The more popular a product is or the more they have in inventory, the lower the price will be and vice versa. It happens automatically. That’s why (most people don’t notice) there will be small prices changes multiple times in a week or even a day… sometimes only 2 cents.

Maybe that’s what happened since the price readjusted quickly. Or a glitch. That’s one of the issues with technology. I don’t know if chewy uses the algorithm.
I've always noticed the changing prices at Amazon, but had no idea why. That's one reason I have various wish lists that I check every day for price changes. Also, many times, if an item comes in various colors, one or more of the colors might be at a lower price than the rest. For example, I recently ordered a blanket that came in over 20 colors. The price for the size I wanted was $20 something dollars for all but one color, which was $15. The color was lovely and I had no problem choosing that one.
I love Chewy for all my dogs/cats needs, and I find that while prices fluctuate, it usually is a great deal. I love seeing wider spread distribution of mazuri and encourage everyone to buy mazuri. With that said, I am a die-hard loyal customer to my local mom/pop feed store, who has kept it stocked for me for 10 years and price fixed at $40 the whole time.
Oh, I love Chewy, too! They have things no one else has and have prices that are always equal or lower than Amazon. Plus, they now ship as fast as Amazon. There are certain pet items, too, I feel more comfortable buying from a dedicated pet store than Amazon. In addition, their customer service is unbeatable.

Personally, I've had absolutely no problems with Amazon's customer service or returns, but Chewy does stuff no other online store does. For example, I have written a few reviews saying that what I ordered didn't "work" with my pets, or I didn't think it was a good product, and I've actually gotten emails from Chewy after those posted reviews telling me they refunded my money! I had no expectations of such a thing, and they did not delete the negative reviews, either.

Back
Top Bottom