McMurray Brown egg Layers

Rockpile99

Songster
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Longmont
I got these from a woman who had ordered the Brown egg variety chicks and some Ameracaunas from McMurray. I asked for two Ameracaunas, knowng full well that they are really EE's. Yes I paid attention to all the Ameracauna/EE threads
wink.png
- just want more colored eggs. She also said she had extra white or buff Orpingtons, I said I wanted three of those as well.

Heres what I received from her:

These look like white orpingtons - pretty straight forward:
25689_wo_02.jpg

But these guys - Not any Ameracauna/Aracauna/EE that I've ever seen (in my whole year of experience!
lau.gif
gig.gif
) Can anyone tell me what they may be? Knowng that they likely came from a mixed brown egg layer order from McMurray?

Ok Gratuitous dog pic 1st
big_smile.png

25689_gratuitous_dog_pic.jpg

25689_unknown_bel_02.jpg

and this one:
25689_unknown_bel_11.jpg

25689_unknown_bel_01.jpg

Isn't he/she precious? (I know I'm biased) but he's such a little character. I had to keep pushing him away from the camera he was soo curious and surprisingly unafraid at this early age.

The first three, I don't think they are white orpingtons. The legs are too yellow. Orpingtons have white legs. Maybe White Rocks? Those have yellow legs and lay brown eggs.

The second one, I am going to say Dark Brahma. They have a pea comb and feathered feet. The comb is a little pink, though. I have a pullet a little older than that one and hers is still flesh colored.

The last one, I was going to say Dark Cornish, til I saw the legs. Those legs have a slightly greenish tint, and Cornish have school bus yellow legs. Can't be a Gold Laced Wyandotte for the same reason. Maybe someone else can help you with that on. Unless the color isn't coming through in the picture. What color do the legs look like to you?

Hope this helps,

Shelly

Thanks Shelly,

I didn't think of the Orpingtn leg color, good point.

The pic does have a greenish tint to the legs. I'll go look at the legs on that chick and report back what color they really are. Maybe an EE with no muff? Who else has green legs?

Back
Top Bottom