Mcmurray chick order...should I cancel?

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
We have a Mcmurray chick order through our feedstore coming in April or May. I was wondering with all this talk about sick chicks...do you guys think it would be wise to CANCEL the order? And just get chicks from local TSC.
Let me know what yall think.
smile.png

I have been wondering about the exact same thing. I put an order in to be delivered on the 12 of May. Then I started reading here the last couple of weeks, and have been a little worried that I should cancel and go with another hatchery. I've been hoping that the problems will have gone away by then, but it's hard to say. Opinions?

I had an order from MMH due next Monday and I called and canceled. No one even asked why! I called Welp and they couldn't have been nicer and my new order is due 4/16. No matter what kind of babies, you want them to be healthy. Good Luck!
smile.png

Has anyone received any sick chicks lately? I am not saying they have but they should have it straight by now. I probably would not order from them for a few months to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
Cancel! Would you even WANT to risk what we've been going through? Seeing your own birds die being able to do NOTHING???? I am seriously begging at this point...I don't want to see a post in three weeks from you saying "Uh oh, they can't walk!"
hit.gif

Quote:
Good Point! I will call in the morning. I would not cancel the order. Stormhorse23, NOT everyone that has received chicks is having problems. There has been many people post on this site that they received chicks and have had no problems.

Quote:
Good Point! I will call in the morning. I would not cancel the order. Stormhorse23, NOT everyone that has received chicks is having problems. There has been many people post on this site that they received chicks and have had no problems.

but why risk it?

I am considering emailing McMurray tomorrow and asking them if they would mind popping in and letting us (their customers) know if there are problems or not.

Quote:
They know there are problems with lots of people calling in about their chicks. The problem with problems is getting people to admit they have them.

Wow. I should have been a philospher...unless someone has already said that??? well, have they? or am i now famous for my incredible insight into the world of problems. Which I seem to live in??

Back
Top Bottom