McMurray Chicks - I need help with 3 breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tiggerbears85, Feb 24, 2011.

1. tiggerbears85

tiggerbears85 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2009
    Wythe County, VA
    My Coop
    I'm pretty sure McMurray got my order wrong. I ordered the meat and egg assortment which was supposed to come with 15 meat birds and 10 egg layers. I also ordered an extra easter egger - to make sure I got one. Well I got 20 Cornish chicks, a couple Dark cornish?, a couple tan chicks (unknown type), and my easter egger. Can you guys help me figure out my unknowns?

Could be any from a list of these:
    Cornish X Rocks

Black Australorps; Lt. Brahmas; Dark Cornish; Black and White Giants; Buff and White Orpingtons; New Hampshire, Rhode Island Reds, Barred, White, Partridge, Buff Rocks; Delaware, Sussex; White, Silver Laced, & Columbian Wyandottes, Red Star and Black Star

[​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure this one is my EE - please tell me if I'm wrong

[​IMG]
    Originally I believed this one might have been a dark cornish. But then I saw this on BYC of a Wyhandotte Chick,
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/Chickenmom/BYC Page/smchickbator.jpg (link to the picture itself)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=512-BLR_Wyandottes (link to the page)
    I'm leaning towards that breed now.

At first I thought this one was just a smaller, darker cornish. But its wings are a bit different. So now I just don't know [​IMG]
    The darker one in the middle:
    [​IMG]

Close up:
    [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated [​IMG]

Robyn,
    SW VA

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    The close up on the bottom ; probably a White Leghorn (great egg layers of large eggs), or White Rock! See those long legs. [​IMG] The first pic I believe is definitely an EE

3. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Look up Partridge rocks and Speckled Sussexes and see if they match your chicks. I think the bottom one might be a red star.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by