McMurray Hatchery question

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sesa, Aug 31, 2010.

1. sesa

sesa Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Thurmont, Md
    I just ordered some chicks from them and they offered to include a free rare and exotic chick, I figured what the heck and said OK. What kind of chick do you think I'll get that's rare and exotic?

2. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Songster

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    Most of the people that have ordered from mcmurray have gotten a white crested black polish roo.

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    male, as far as breed, IDK

4. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Songster

Jan 18, 2010
    From what I can tell they mostly put in Easter Eggers, most the time males but not always.

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

The last time I ordered from them I received an EE roo- I named him Pudding and he's a sweetie. The time before that I received what I think was going to be an EE roo and a RIR bantam roo free. I gave both of them away at 5 weeks old...just trying to reduce my roos.

I have been very happy with McMurrays and plan on ordering from them again. I also am happy with my other hatchery, my Craigslist and my farm store birds.

6. woodmort

woodmort Songster

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    It'll be a rooster of some kind. You can opt out of it. I did on my order last spring and they sent an extra pullet of the type I ordered--Black Star.

7. Catstar68

Catstar68 Songster

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    Mine was a white polish roo this year. [​IMG]

8. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Songster

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    I received a cuckoo marans and my sister got a golden laced wyandotte. I named mine diesel... He's a great roo so far!

9. AKsmama

AKsmama Songster

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    We got our chicks from MMH in July and got a silver Lakenvelder. Pretty sure he's a roo, but someone here said pullet, so I guess we'll wait and see. We also got a free Black Star pullet, but we had ordered 15 of those so I guess they said "what the heck, they'll take a freebie" and tossed her in there. Fine with us!

Here's Casper, the Lakenvelder:

[​IMG]

10. quercus21

quercus21 Songster

Jul 21, 2008
    Tivoli, NY
    We've received 2 roosters and 1 hen from them. The roosters were Americana's and the hen is a Austalop. We no longer get our meat birds from them just for this reason - the freebies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by