McMurray order of Red Stars and Whiting True Blues

Congrats on your new chicks! Thank you for posting pics of the Whiting True Blues. Any close up pics of the bluish one? I also remember reading something about them being feather sexable on the other thread.

Here are some closeups of the feathers on the other birds. I believe the white with black spots and the black one are both female, and the dark striped 3 also female. The light striped one and the grey are males, neither of these have as much feather development as the others. I didn't get a close up of the light striped ones wing feathers.

Of course this is only if they are all Whitings

Looks like the yellow and black is a girl then, and the grey\blue is the boy. He looks a lil' puffy faced too, very cute! Love his super dark legs too. Interesting they have different color legs, I think I remember reading that now.

Yep, I agree, the blue looks like a male :)

Oh now I'm a wee bit jealous lol, the cockerel I've been looking for! :p

He's beautiful; that would be exactly what I'm looking for, THAT blue one! Makes me think of going ahead and ordering 6 cockerels, since that's all they have left; at least it looks like I'd have a good chance of getting at least ONE blue out of it. ;)

Are you planning on breeding them at all? Hint hint ha-ha ;)

I ordered some partridge Cochins, salmon faverolles, buff polish, dark brahma, and blue laced red Wyandotte form Murray Mcmurray! Set to come on March 20th!
1f604.png
Can't wait! Does anyone know what to look for in genetics of any of these breeds? Or ordered any from Murray Mcmurray?

Back
Top Bottom